The Genesian Theatre is registered as a COVID Safe business. Please review our COVID safety guidelines before booking or attending a performance.
- If you are unwell, please stay at home. Any person who arrives at the theatre displaying symptoms of being unwell will be isolated on arrival and asked to leave when safe to do so. Anyone tested for COVID-19, will not be permitted to attend the theatre until a negative test result is confirmed. If you have pre-purchased a ticket and you are unable to attend for COVID related reasons, we will exchange or refund your ticket on request.
- If possible, please select the print-at-home or eticket option when pre-booking tickets. Please have a paper or digital copy of your ticket/s ready for presentation when entering the auditorium.
- Face masks are strongly recommended when visiting the theatre.
- If possible we would suggest that you arrive at the theatre no more than 15 minutes before the start time of the performance to avoid crowding outside the theatre or in the foyer.
- On arrival please use the displayed QR code to sign in using the Service NSW Mobile App
- Please sanitise your hands as you enter the building. A sanitising station will be set up just inside the front door.
- Please remain 1.5m apart where physically possible. We ask that you keep to the physical distancing markers on the floor. When visiting the bathroom, we ask you only enter if the total capacity allows it.
- Due to capacity restrictions in the foyer, you will be asked to move directly through to the auditorium after visiting the box office and bathrooms.
- When you or your group take your seats, please sit in your allocated seating which will be at least 1 seat apart from other audience members.
- Please use the correct door when moving between the auditorium and the foyer.
- You will not be permitted to congregate in the foyer during interval. You will be able to either stay in your seat or freely leave the venue. Those wanting to visit the bathroom during interval will be asked to remain in their seats until capacity allows and always remain 1.5m apart where possible.
- You will be asked to leave the venue promptly at the conclusion of the performance.
- The sanitation and cleanliness of the building will be maintained to a COVID Safe standard. Auditorium seats will be sanitised for each show; soap and paper towel dispensers, taps, handles, latches, handrails, buttons, counters and seats will be sanitised before and during the show, and a thorough cleaning of the bathrooms, foyer and auditorium will be done weekly.
- We strongly recommend you travel to the theatre by private transport or take public transport outside peak hour times where possible. A parking station is available near by on the opposite side of Kent st.
- Please note that we will not be serving drinks and refreshments just yet to enhance safety.
We thank you for your patience in assisting us in keeping you safe as you enjoy the performance!
For further details please contact our box office.
Download a full copy of our COVID-19 Safety Plan.